Re-Opening Safety Information
Welcome back to Melina’s! We are so happy to see all our dancers and excited to get back to dancing. The safety of our students and staff is our utmost concern and appreciate everyone working together to keep us healthy. Please carefully read the following instructions:
1. The lobby area is closed at this time. The main lobby space has been blocked off and all toys, books, etc. have been removed.
2. We will adhere to a strict drop off and pick up policy for ALL dancers. No parents or siblings can enter the studio.
A parent or guardian must park (in a parking spot) and bring their dancer to the front door.
Dancers will be checked in with staff/volunteer at the door. Emergency contact number must be confirmed.
Dancers will need to use hand sanitizer before entering the studio.
A no-touch thermometer will be on site.
Dancers may only bring in what is needed for class. Please no food, toys, or additional items, only needed dance shoes.
The water cooler is closed, dancers will need to bring their own water bottle.
At check in dancers will be given a number that corresponds with where dancers can leave their personal items and their dancing area on the dance floor.
No cell phones are allowed in the studio, dancers are asked to leave their phones with their parent or in their car.
Pick Up Procedures:
Dancers will be escorted out the back exit of Melina’s to meet their parent or guardian. If someone other than the drop off parent/guardian is going to be picking up the dancer, please make sure you let the staff member know at the time of drop-off.
Please be on time to pick up your dancer.
3. Parents please park your cars to drop off or pick up your dancer. Please do not double park or block the flow of traffic.
4. Dancers must arrive dressed for class. The restroom may not be used as a dressing area. Restrooms are restricted to dancer and staff use only. The restroom will be wiped down after each use. We recommend dancers use the restroom at home if possible before coming to class.
5. All barres, dance props, and mats are off limits at this time and will not be used during classes.
6. Accessible surface areas will be wiped down with Lysol and Clorox in between each class.
7. The studio will be cleaned EVERY day before classes begin. Also, our studio will be deep cleaned weekly by a cleaning service.
8. Garbage will be removed daily. Any personal items left behind in the studio or waiting area will be thrown away! There will be NO lost and found.
9. All students attending classes at the studio will be required to sign an updated waiver/release form.
10. Parents are asked to maintain social distancing restrictions when checking in dancers and outside of Melina’s front entrance and back exit.
If you child is running a fever or is feeling ill, please do not bring them to class. They are welcome to join us for their class virtually.
For families that would like to continue with online classes, all scheduled dance classes will be streamed live for registered dancers as well as uploaded for registered dancer use to private google classrooms that only dancers will have access to.
This is indeed a new normal. Our 2020/2021 Dance Season does reflect in some changes regarding to scheduling as we condense to all classes being taught from our Melina’s Lorton Station studio.
As restrictions are reviewed and updated Melina’s will continue to adhere and abide by regulations as mandated.
June 20th: Last day of Melina’s 2019/2020 Dance Season
June 24th – July 5th: Melina’s will remain closed to prepare for re-opening.
July 6th: Melina’s will re-open for in-person and virtual classes and summer camps
August 24th – September 7th: Melina’s will be closed for break
September 8th: Melina’s will open for in-person and virtual classes